Wednesday, March 25, 2009

WTF is this fruit?






All my life I have seen this fruit in various calenders and pictures in asian super markets in the states. I have never, ever seen one in actual life. I don't know what it's called in English or Chinese. I just know it's a fruit that grows in China.

So today I went to go get some more paper so I could animate more.
I decided to finally try it.
I asked the fruit man how to eat it and he just laughed at me and said, "here let me open it for you." and all you do is peel the skin and eat it.

I took one small bite and it didn't taste very good, (seeing as I just brushed my teeth before i left the apt) it's kind of like any rule with some fruit, don't eat it after you brush your teeth, it will taste weird.
But after I actually bit into the fruit, it was pretty tasty. The consistency of a kiwi and the taste of...well nothing really. It was just kind of sweet.

At least I found out wtf it was. Took me 20 damn years but I finally ate it.
I'll probably by more of it, it's pretty cheap...Might as well eat it while I'm here. Hahhaa.

6 comments:

// SPM said...

thats a dragonfruit.

Bethy said...

of course sean knows its a dragonfruit...

looks delish

Neville McKinnie said...

where are these animations you "working" on

Dchao said...

SHUT UP NEVILLE I'M WORKING ON IT. DON'T YOU SEE MY JANKY ASS CAPTURESTAND?!

Anonymous said...

i had tons of those while i was there too.... there tasty, its dragonfruit!

-ben

Jonathan said...

Eat it w/ miracle fruit!