Sunday, March 8, 2009

A walk around town

I made this last night, i don't think I'll use that as my actual background, but it's what the animation will feel like.



I needed some background ideas for my animation, so I went around town and took some pictures and ended up in some construction site. Lol

























Oh yes, I got yelled at by some guy driving a van on the construction site. He thought it was weird for me to be taking all these pictures. He told me, "There's nothing to take pictures of."
And then a kid around my age came up to me with a huge gash around his eye (he opened the door for this van) and asked me why i was taking pictures.
I told him I was from America and he told me he was from Italy. He also told me that there is nothing to take a picture of, but I insisted that there was.
But his friend laughed at me and started mocking me because I from the US.
I didn't care so I went on my way and took pictures, he was watching me the whole time after he closed the gate but I told him I saw his shoes and pointed, it was a good laugh.

After this walk a woman sold me some mangos and grapes for 2.10 rmb. Which is kind of a lot, but whatever. Lol. And then I got the most amazing bubble tea everrr. China makes the best for realz.

4 comments:

'Lil Ric said...

That's a good drawing.

Anonymous said...

FUCK IT I'M FROM AMERICA

loving the pictures. God its so crazy you're over there!!

Bethy said...

man i love your photos!
the little fire hydrant in the wall!
whateves, im glad you took pictures, and i think that drawing looks great and sets the stage for your animation!

Sara said...

Those pictures are amazing! I could see them as part of a story on Chinese expansion in National Geographic. I really like the brick layer one.