Sunday, March 15, 2009

The mountain

Well today I went to the mountains that I see all the time from my back porch.


However I think I need to go back by myself because then I can venture more, I like to keep going to random places. Lol. It was still a lot of fun with my new found friend "zhang jing"


We had to climb this huge hill which was the roof of this tunnel for cars. Lol.










This is a grave, but I took the picture and Zhang Jing was like, "DON'T TAKE A PICTURE OF THAT!! IT'S A GRAVE!!" Ohhhh Diana Chao you have lots to learn. Lol.






So we sat on the mountain and talked about Chinese politics and schooling. It's really interesting to hear, she wasn't bias about it so it was nice to hear the "total truth" in terms of Taiwan and Tibet and the way the systems are about school. I was so happy that she was teaching me all the Chinese history that I didn't really pay attention to in America. She was really interested to hear what America thought about the whole ordeal.
In China, it is a very touchy subject to talk about politics. You just don't do it because it causes problems. Unlike America where you can talk about whatever you please and do whatever you want, there are certain things you just don't talk about here. And if you do want to talk about it, you find someone cool like Zhang Jing and they let you know about it. Lol.

Good times today. <3

4 comments:

Sara said...

Your photos are always so beautiful. I really love the one of the trees, and the profile shot of Zhang Jing. I'm glad you've found someone to hang out with. What did she have to say about Tibet?

Hannah said...

oh god, chinese grave!! are you cursed forever now?? if so. please stay. far away. from me.

Dchao said...

She just explained to me the situation between Tibet and China and how they are a peaceful place full of monks and that they wanted a military and that was kind of weird, but they wanted to be separated from China. But I knew that already.

Jonathan said...

See my elowel post for a bit of a crash course on the subject. :)