Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ahhh finally a lecture.

So today I decided to go to a sustainability lecture.
But I didn't find out until like after I got back from the grocery store and I think the Chinese kids thought it was an animation lecture and it wasn't. I was so happy for that.

I missed the first 10 minutes of the lecture so I didn't get to hear who he was, but I guess he is from Germany and teaches there as well. I think he curates shows because none of it was his work, they were all young designers, sculptures and furniture artists who worked with scientists to make their art workable and economically friendly, and help make the world a little better through their art.



The bees solidified the vase





This one was to help birds build nests or something similar to that.


I didn't really understand this one...It was about friendships and the way we smell each other and recognize them through that smell?





This one was my favorite, this artist figured out a way to make bubbles solid, so he made these awesome sculptures with these bubbles where they can float by themselves if there is the light in there to activate it.






I wish I knew the correct artists names because it was really hard to hear the guy speak in this huge space.

I realized that the people that I am currently hanging out with don't really care for contemporary art. Which really sucks because I am all about it. Lol. Not to mention China is huge in contemporary art nowadays so...I would like to see them while I'm here.

No comments: