Saturday, March 14, 2009

Animatic and clubbin



Well, yesterday I finished my animatic, though I feel like it's too fast. Perhaps some critique would be good? That would be really awesome. Also, at the end of the animatic when the letter drops, the color changes to colder colors. I'm the laziest animator ever. Lol.

And then I decided to go the bars with my friends.
Let's just say, the night is young and we were out until 7 in the morning.
the school closes the gates to the dorm at 11 pm, so we had to club all night. Lol.


So at this bar we played this Chinese game involving dice.
It's an awesome game, however I didn't understand the first couple of times so I had to drink a lot. Lol.




1 comment:

Sara said...

I hate to sound cliche, but I don't think I "got" the point of your animation. Is is about a man who doesn't care about anything? I enjoyed it up until the part when he receives news about his mother, because I wasn't sure why we were show this. I mean, yes, he throws the note away so the audience can assume there's some sort of reaction there, but because you never show his face, or really anything about him (unless you're going to detail the movements of his hands) we never know how he's feeling.

The zoom out into the rain is beautiful and I look forward to seeing that once it's finished.

The animation certainly made me think, as you said you'd hoped it would, but I need my thoughts to be more directed if I am going to accept the film as useful. I need more clarity on what the film is trying to make me think about, specifically. There could be a clue in the title, or some moment when we finally see your characters face. I don't know much about animation... but that was my gut reaction.