Wednesday, February 25, 2009

omgg shit's crazy

Everything has been crazy since I got to "my part" of the school.
It's a lot more run down than the fine arts department, which i was very sad to leave it.

Here is the place I am staying for the next 5 months, I live by myself on the international floor (All the international students live by themselves):







This is my view from my porch. It's awesome:



And this is my actual school:









Yesss...Apparently there is 22 buildings here but uhm, I've only been to like 6 of them. Lol.
I haven't even stepped foot in the library yet! I gotta go do that tomorrow.

So, CAA is very much like MCAD. This place is in the middle of nowhere and all you have are markets and more markets. And it's work, work, work all the time.
I takes 40 minutes to get to the city by bus and I haven't taken it yet. Perhaps this weekend.

I had a very hard time adjusting, but I am starting to get use to it now. I have essentially one class for the semester. We meet everyday and it's the same 2 teachers teaching the class. I think it's an advanced animation course.
I have to produce a 3-4 minute animation 5 minutes is max.
The longest I've done is 3 minutes but that was working with 2 other people and it was stop motion.
MCAD said if my animation is up to par then they will give me 15 credits upon my return. WOOOOOooOooOo hopefully all goes well and I finish the damn thing huh?

Also, it's really easy to get lost in the school because it's so big. They don't have elevators...except for one building which I accidently went into and it was some other like design firm (like design works) and I ran into some other sculpture professor...kind of and he told me to sit down and drink tea with him. Lol.

Shit is crazy here but I like it. It's a new story and a new way of thinking.

I'll post more pictures soon. <333

5 comments:

// SPM said...

your room makes me want to crawl in a corner and die. you need some awesome posters on the wall....like my face...staring at you, saying: DIANA, YOU ARE SO ASIAN!!!!!!

<3 spm

Tyler Joseph Stefanich said...

Looks like you have a robot suspended from the ceiling in you bathroom.

Love Tyler

Owen Dennis! said...

Those buildings look so alien. That's so cool.

Bethy said...

wow diana...you need a pretty rug!

the buildings look so cool though! youll have to post pictures of the library!

i hope you are doing well, i miss you.

Jonathan said...

I love how there is a specific department for online gaming. SOOOO Chinese!