Tuesday, February 17, 2009

And the adventure begins.


That was the view of my seat going to Shanghai.
Everything was very blue and relaxing. However I never saw night on the plane because when I got to Shanghai it was already 5:30pm monday. I left the states 7am on Sunday...
I either lost a day or gained one. I have no idea.

I got off the plane in Shanghai and I had to go through the immigration place so I can tell them that I'm here and how long I'm staying, yada yada yada.
I guess my plane got in early and so I wanted awhile for the guy who was suppose to pick me up. He saw me and we were on our way...

We drove to his work place and I ate some food there. Oh yeah, so you guys think that New York and Chicago drivers are really bad? I think not. EVERYONE HERE DRIVES CRAZY and all the pedestrians are crazy for walking in the middle of the street. Cars don't stop for you. They just keep going. I almost got hit by a car today (in Hangzhou).
Anywho, so after I ate he dropped me off at some hotel and paid for it and then told me that he would come pick me up at 7:30am.


So I stayed in this hotel and then I decided to walk around and smoke my last cig after he left. I didn't know what the word for lighter is in Chinese so I waited around the lobby until I saw some guy light up his cig. (Oh yeah, you can smoke anywhere in china. Hotels, cafe's, bars, airports. where ever.) The air is not clean here. I came back after wandering around shanghai and the guard tried to stop me and chase me down because he didn't know that i was staying there. Ha...

The next day (today) I hopped on a train from Shanghai to Hangzhou. I talked to some random guy who said he would help me find my school when we got off. Except I didn't know that someone was picking me up.

Ended up that a really tall boy was holding up a sign with my name on it and then I ventured off with them. He was accompanied by 2 other girls:


They were super friendly and we all got on a taxi and went to some vegetarian place and then went to the school that I'm going to (China Academy of Arts) luckly one of the girls goes to the same school as me and so we are going to registration together.

I'm currently staying in the fine arts department dorm at the school, but it's not my dorm, I guess mine is on the other side with all the media arts kids...Which, i have no idea where that is. Lol. But here's the place I am staying:


Here's the outside view from my window:


So then they took me around west lake next to my school.














Look guys i'm actually in China. Lol.

That's it for now. More to come tomorrow i'm sure.

4 comments:

Renadventure said...

That's so exciting! You have a picture quota you need to stick to, it's under one million. Miss you already!

vsfc said...

China ftw. Have fun! Don't drink the water.

amalia said...

omg that guy's fake puma jacket!!!!!

Unknown said...

Diana,
Is it cold there in Hangzho? It is such a beautiful lake, I remember. I hope you have fun in China!