Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hangzhou People

Today I decided to take some pictures of the people.



















I'm starting to get use to China, earlier I had a huge culture shock.
Because I was born in America I everything seemed "normal" and nothing out of the ordinary.
Now that I am in China I realized that we're really, really spoiled.
If 1 us dollar is 6 dollars and 84 cents rmb in China, then hell, we can live like kings and queens!
Everything is becoming more clear, I understand a lot of the things my grandmother use to tell me when I was little that didn't make a whole lot of sense because we were living so well in America.
People are really respectful to others here. They call the elderly "old masters" or "teachers" because they are, and they have plenty of stories to tell and wise things to say.
People don't speak english here, everything is in Chinese and everyone speaks Chinese. The Chinese MAKE FUN OF Americans. They say it in front of their face, even if they are friends with them because they don't understand Chinese.

I think coming to China was a really good idea.

Especially with the few days to myself before school starts.

Speaking of which, registration is tomorrow! My new friend is picking me up from the place I am staying and then we're going to register tomorrow. I finally get to pick my classes. Awesomeeee.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Conversely, Chinese people on average make 2000 US$ annually. That's still just above $12,000 with exchange; the PPP index also expresses a similar figure. It might not be as bad as other developing nations, but considering it's at least three times less than the average in Taiwan, people really do have to do more with less.

I can't imagine living on the amount I spend on tuition alone!

Hannah said...

ugh i love these photos, they make me want to go to china.... only i do not know ANY chinese so THAT would be fun... haha

Anonymous said...

And to think you haven't been there too long, imaging how much it'll change you in months.