Monday, May 4, 2009

Chinese Painting

So I've always wanted to learn how to do Chinese Landscape painting.
I did a piece in critical studies sophomore year, experimenting with the inks and paper and everything.

Self Portrait through landscape- 2007


But it's not the way that I was suppose to do it, I cut the mountains and then made another layer, (this is was intentional).

Anyway, so ling lao shi is a very, strong artist, he has made an animated feature film, has a studio, does design, sculpture, film, animation, everything, you name it. And of course Chinese landscape painting.

This is him and his painting that he is doing for someone:


And here he is doing the other half of that painting.





I am amazed. He says he will teach me, I think it would be amazing. <3

4 comments:

dimomo said...

teacher Lin is so amazing in my mind!ahahhahah!

Bethy said...

wow i want to see if you learn!

Jonathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mushroomtale said...

OMGGG I want to learn too! TTOTT We're taking up landscape painting right now, actually!